Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Argan Oil natural moisturizer for babies and mommies

    We have so many options when it comes to moisturizers for our families it can all be very overwhelming, between expensive products who promise miracles to cheap products who offer nothing but thick invisible barrier to medium price products who sometimes performed better than the expensive items, and some who are just mediocre, so one has to try and try and keep trying until you successfully find one who barely does the job. The issue I have with all of these is not the price point, whether pricey or cheap, is the added stuff that is just THAT! stuff. I don't know or can even read half the ingredients on the label, and some of the ones I do know or can read are still not so great for us.  
My rule of thumb was this, less than 10 ingredients 6 of which I need to know right of the bat for body moisturizer, less than 5 ingredients for facial moisturizer, which meant I was always shopping for cosmetics at Whole Foods and those did not always deliver. 
Then I started getting an imbalance in effectiveness with the same product depending on the season and I couldn't deal with having to purchase a different product for each season of the year or even two for that matter, hot and cold.
So the research began and I stumbled upon Argan Oil. 
Pure Organic unadulterated Argan Oil. 
And my life was changed :D
    With the hype of the "Golden oil", I know by now most of you have either heard about or used some form of Argan Oil, either in a Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion or in its purest form.
However you have used it, I'm sure you have read all the wonderful benefits the oil is packed with, but I'll tell you again just as a reminder:)
Packed with Antioxidants, highest in Vitamin E, with 80% unsaturated fatty acids Omega 3 & 9 perfect as an anti-aging agent. Amazing skin protecting benefits, reduces inflammation and  promote excellent skin moisture retention, helps reduce wrinkles, prevent and minimize the look of stretch marks.
It is widely used for many skin ailments such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and chickenpox. And I have one friend using it for a rash on her chest called Grover's disease and it doing wonders for her.
It is also reputed to have many medicinal properties.
    Argania Spinosa (Argan Oil) is in fact one of the most highly effective oils I have ever come across, and I can say that based on my own judgement, having used it everyday for almost two years now and will not change it. 
    How I use Argan oil, every day morning and night. After a shower a couple of drops over my face and entire body, specially my growing belly. For my son and husband, same thing day and night, a couple of drops all over their face, body and hair as they wash their hair more often than I do. During the summer months, when we are the beach, park or anywhere where the sun is over us I make sure they do not leave the house without it. 
I have discovered Argan is great as sun protection. I cannot claim is an SPF as I have read in some websites but I do know first hand it protects by not allowing sunburns or extreme tanning, if that makes any sense. For example, last weekend we were at the River for at least 8-10 Hours under the sun and my husband who did not wear Argan that morning burned where as my son and I did not. I also notice every time we are under the sun we will tan but will not burn. Even under Caribbean sun :D which I particularly love, one because I don't see why you have to be in pain for a couple of days before you see a great tan and because I am not into conventional SPF s.
Now here is the thing, next time you're faced with the huge  array of Argan options at the drugstore or online, just go with the purest form you can find. Be extra careful with brands who promise to be "Pure" or "Just Argan Oil" and are of a questionable price. Always check for the ingredients posted on the website, hopefully they will be accurate. 100% pure Argan Oil is the best way to go and if is mixed with any other oils let them be high grade oils which are also beneficial for you, such as Grape seed, Jojoba, avocado and many other oils, always making sure 50% or more is Argan of course.
The price point for 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil should average 
$16-$25 for an ounce or two.  
    Bottom line, when it was time for me to choose a moisturizer I narrowed it down by this simple but very important rule.
The moisturizer has to be 99% natural if not organic, what that means to me is I can slather it all over my child, my husband and myself and recommended it to friends and families without any worries of allergies or adverse reactions. 
A negative reaction would put a damper on my busy life so I choose to go as natural as possible to avoid any unwanted surprises or trips to the doctors office. 

Happy Healthy Peaceful moisturizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment